Our Board of Trustees
The role of our Board of Trustees is primarily strategic, and monitors the financial performance, management, and quality assurance processes within the organisation. The board meets at least five times a year, but receives monthly updates and management information, and email correspondence and conference calls take place to deal with any urgent issues between meetings. Each Trustee serves a three-year term, which may be renewed by mutual agreement.
All Trustees bring unique and important skills and experience to the Board.
As is the requirement with their involvement with pre-school children, all our Trustees have undergone DBS checking.
- Kay Haffenden - (Chair of the Trust) is also a school governor of a senior school with extensive experience in education. She is also the lead Trustee for Safeguarding.
- Peter Byfield - is a solicitor and advises on any legal aspects relating to the running of the nursery.
- Linda Smith - is a former Nursery Manager (at Camelia Botnar Children's Centre), and she also has experience in safeguarding.
- Peter Jarman - is a Chartered Certified Accountant with a background in business management.
- Keith Thompson - is an experienced IT specialist. His company assists us with IT matters.
- Gill Launders – is an experienced Business Manager with a background in systems, operations, and HR.
- Andrew Harvey – is currently Head of Information Governance / Data Protection Officer for the University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (UH Sussex), which runs Worthing Hospital and St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester.